lunes

To play it out loud

On this, my first note of Jam bands, I’m going to start with one that really got my attention. I’m talking about “Papas in the shed”, originary from Colorado, USA.
In the early years, this band used to be called “Good Question Band”, with Ron Irving (percussion), Jonathan Lantz (harmonics) and Michael Nuzum (guitar). They formed this power trio with distortions guitars and a beautiful mix of rock n roll and funk.
The time passed on and each of then took different ways. The result of this was the name of which I’m gonna talk about.
Although GQB impressed me, “Papas…” really got me. Nuzum and Lantz added to Peter Fiori (guitars) and Matt Martin (drums) create a totally impressive sound. The fact that they count with two guitars, makes Michael´s guitar more free to do riffs and solos. Bass acquire more important place in songs and helps with the rhythm.
Maybe in some parts you may remind a little bit of Steve Vai, the truth is that the songs took much more rocker ways. Michael Nuzum told me (I promise an interview with the leader in a few days), that the result of this band it´s much more compact that the old one, there’s so much voice, drums and bass.
On this days they’re working on a new demo, so when I heard news, I’m gonna publish it.
“Laid out” is one of my favorite, but you can also named “Stuck on it” and “Fly away”.
If you up to, go to www.papasintheshed.com
You can also download their music, some in studio and some live.
To know anything else or if you wanna make me a question, send me an e-mail, I assure you an answer. Don´t dude it!!
See you soon people
Keep playing music!!